Hi I decided to do a new post just so that everyone won't have to look at my gruesome toe anymore! So much has happened since then, Christmas, our New Year's party, our trip to Utah, Natasha's first time shooting to name a few, yet still the only thing on the blog is the toe of nasticity. But since I can't really do any of those justice without lots of time and some new pictures, I'll just give a nice last thoughts before leaving America post.
It's so terribly complicated to try to explain the mix of feelings tied to both Russia and America. I guess I'll start by admitting that neither of them can really be termed home more than the other, It's more a matter of which I happen to live in at the moment. This trip has been pretty full, something unique and priceless. The best part of course has been all of you guys, my wonderful family, who it has been thoroughly enjoyable to spend time with, and who have done a stellar job of inducting Natasha in. I suppose that she's learned a lot more about me, or at least a part of me, just by getting to know my family better, as well as seeing what it's like to be with me when I'm with family.
Besides enjoying everyone's company, it's also been nice to have a little break in the routine. Of course in a sense it's just one big giant interruption. I finally get things moving along great after a year of hard work, and then I get pulled away for long enough to get myself really out of synch. That's annoying, but thankfully it's not all. It's also been a chance for me to reevaluate, to gain some more perspective so that when I go in to start the new year I can really be starting fresh and new, with a (nearly) full year's experience and wisdom as a bonus. Being a dad now is going to be a whole new experience, and it feels good to have a moment to define and complete one phase of my life and start the next without the transitions sliding past unfelt.
So, fare thee well, and I can't wait to see you in the future:)
(spare your eyes by not scrolling further down)
2 comments:
So grateful to get a blog after numerous checking the site attempts. It was indeed fabulous to have you here in person. It makes me feel like I need two lifetimes--one to do all the stuff I have to do, and one to do the things I am "going to do" cause they are so awesome and important someday when I get time. Heh, heh. Boxes, photographs, and the like. Not to mention all the other stuff. Thanks for coming, and much love to you. Mom Also, hope you have a safe trip!
Kevin and Natasha
We enjoy your blog. We are greatful to have you back in Russia. You are definitly missed here. It sounds like you had a great time in Arizona/Utah.
Love Elder and Sister Page
Post a Comment