Natasha and I have been pretty good at keeping Yeva away from sugar (aka, crack for kids), but somehow she got ahold of this chocolaty carmelly morsel. It's a very rich candy, big, and she ate about half of it. Result-- Yeva got her first sugar rush:) When I got home from work at about Yeva's bedtime, she was unusually giggly, laughing at things that weren't funny, and going into spastic hysterics if given a little motivation. Quite amusing. Needless to say, it took a while to put her down.
The more common occurrence is when she jumps off of things. She does it 100% on purpose most of the time, and she'll break through obstacles to do it. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to realize how to gauge height, or maybe she doesn't get how it factors into the equation, as well as the existence or absence of pillows at the landing pad. She doesn't get hurt or cry, but it still puts us on our toes every time we see her teetering on the edge.
She keeps getting more sociable with other babies her age, and she can play by herself content for longer now, though I get the impression it's always just so that we'll let our eyes off her long enough for her to make another break at the computer cords. She's getting good at untying things. She also surprisingly likes spicy food. One time when she was drooling over my spicy food, I thought I'd give her a little taste so she'd stop bugging me. She of course did a crazy face, but then started trying like crazy to get more, and when I gave her another try, she chowed it down with no signs of dislike. It was a Russian sauce kind of like a horseradish salsa-type thing--pretty dang spicy for a kid. Sour elicited the same reaction when I gave her a ring of lemon to play with. It reminds me of Data,
I Hate this, it's REPULSIVE!
More?
Please!
Has anyone else had tried giving their babies anything spicy? I hope a little spice isn't bad for her.
We got her a nice warm babysuit for the winter. It's being good and poofy gave me and idea for having a little fun--dressing up some of her favorite toys in it and then watching her reaction. She looked so confused by the ugly babies at first, but then recognized the familiar faces and decided it would be cool to decapitate them.
4 comments:
Hooray! a Blog! I just barely sat down to the compputer and really need to be in bed. But thanks for posting. LOVE LOVE LOVE Mom
OK now I've actually read it. Pretty exciting. I must say Kevin and Natasha look good to me. Yeva isn't the only one who hasn't been having too much sugar I would guess, at least as a general rule. Your stuffed animals reminded me of Jenna's mockumentary called "Jaffy's Surgery" where she repairs a torn stuffed animal using "donor stuffing" from her huge stuffed dog and mug photo shots of the culprits, Cherokee and Hamlet. Love Mom
Yay I finally got the crawling video to work. Way too much fun in just one day. I'm overwhelmed. PS one clarification for other readers--Jenna didn't repair the giraffe with the mug shots; they were part of the "mockumentary" (I think I may have just coined a new word if someone hasn't done it first)OK now I really better go to bed. ZZZZZZZZZ Mom
Look at her go! She's already so good at crawling. We've always given Chloe whatever the rest of us were eating, so she eats spicy food. It's good for kids to be exposed to lots of different flavors, so they don't turn into picky eaters. Just keep some milk close by for her to drink in case the spiciness is burning her mouth a bit too much.
Post a Comment