For the reast of my amazing readers I want say thank you for reading and not thinking that I'm too boring.
First time playing on the playground after spending a week at the beach was fun. Kids are so natural. It wasn't a problem for Yeva to accept beach plaing rules like being without shoes, digging in in the sand and so on. When we came back it is harder for her to get back to local rules.
Today we went to play. She went to the sand area, took off her rain boots and started playing. Please understand me it is already cold outside, sand is wet and cold. She's wearing warm pants and sweater...and the sand is different
I got up, helped her to clean her feet and we poot those boots on again. 5 minutes later I find her trying to clipe the slide up, boots off. The slide is metal, so even colder+ around the slide there is dirt, big rocks and lots of trush like stubs&beer bottle crowns. So I had to go again and help her out.
10 minutes later I found her sitting on the gravel (there was a gravel put on a future side walk place close to playground) and trying to dig her in in the gravel. Well I didn't stop that. Let her to figure it out herself.
But it made me thing about the difference in the anvironment and how much more freedom a kid can get in warm and cleaner place. The dream thing is to live close to the beach or at least to have a backyard where there won't be stubs&beer bottle crowns around.
And there is one other sad thing I'd love to share becase as a women I have a desire to share and discuss it. While Yeva was using a swing a boy came up and stood by. He was around 8-10 years old. He got up a bubble gum out of his pocket, unwrapped it and let the wrapper lay there on the ground. Didn't even bother thinking about it. I asked if it was his wrapper and asked him to walk 4 mitres to the trush can and put it there. He got it and went away. 5 minutes later I saw him on the other part of the playground getting a new gum out of his pocket and doing the same. So I walked to him and asked him to clean after himself again. I don't usually point to poeple to do it because I'm shy, but lately it really getting on my nerve how grown ups doing it and now their kids follow their example. I don't understand how people can be so neglectfull about the environment and nature and even place where they live. Sorry...just neede to blow off some steam. Lets talk about Yeva more:
Yeva is so much fun.
the other day she talked on skype to Radek and said that she wants to live with him. Yeva and Radek are internet cousins. The find ways to play and have fun together even through skype. Yeva already knows the little picture of Kimber or Celest and can point at them and ask me to call them on the computer. Though when she talks to them she answers in Russia. But she can understand them speaking english. We read books that Kimber sent us some time ago(Special thanks again to Kimber and thouse who contrebuted) And she likes it!There was some other thing happening since we came back. There was a day when it seemed she was looking for ways to give me more trubble. We were sitting on the bean bag chair and eating straberry jam. Noona can blame us for doing it. Jam was delicious. Yeva being happy started jumbing and tried to fly I guess with her hands but as a result she knocked down the plate with jam on me. My favourite orange stapied t-shirt was in jam, pants and a bean bag of course. I got upset and started telling her how unhappy I was that there is jam all over the place. Then I went to wash it of in the bathroom(the light wasn't warking from the day we came home, only today I got it fixed) with no light which didn't helped and just added to my frustration, so I starded telling how unhappy I was and that Yeva should be more carefull. When I got off the bathroom Yeva disappiered. I though that maybe I was to hard on her and she feels guilty and hid from me on the balcony. I went there to check. And she was there...but no guilt. A plate of jam instead, some drops of it on Kevin's boards and of course on Yeva.
I think if you even had a toddler you can totaly relate to my expiriences with Yeva :)
WHen I talk about playground I mean something like that + a little sand area and kids swing.
3 comments:
Great post:)
I have a toddler, so I completely understand all the mischief they get into at that age. Sydney is always making big messes, throwing things on the floor, taking off her shoes (it's still plenty hot here! Like 117 degrees, seriously!), climbing on things, and throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way. But other than that she's an angel!
I try to teach my kids to not litter, too. That's annoying to see people just not care. I always like your posts. It's fun to get a peek inside what your life is like. Hugs from Arizona!
I liked all 3 of your posts, and think it is too bad that I had given up expecting one, since the ink post was all there was for so long. I am bad at posting since my blog has been neglected for much longer than that!
In my defense, I have been a little crazy lately getting into the swing of school starting. I'm not sure if that is a good reason, but I have been spending my computer time on my class websites trying to do homework and all that.
Post a Comment