Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Randon Chuckle

So, yesterday late evening I was waiting at the bus stop in central Ufa, and an ad caught my eye that I had to laugh at. Here's a rough translation.

Seminar:
How to Seduce Anyone!!
Everything you need to know! We'll guide you through the pickup, to the first kiss, to the bedroom, [not my taste, but whatever, here comes the amusing part] and a Guaranteed
Way of HOW TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP AFTER!

What the backwards?! Maybe I'm just a cynic, but it's hard for me to imagine that the person giving the seminar is just an average looking middle-aged woman living happily married in a fulfilling relationship to the multi-millionaire athlete/actor/dentist 15 years her junior (except in the case of the dentist) she seduced 5 years ago. Maybe I'm wrong though. Perhaps I'll have to confess to Natasha one day, "Sorry, a girl at one of my English classes took this seminar of how to seduce people, and I'm her helpless subject. I had no power to resist, and now I'm her helpless love-slave and we have a wonderful relationship-- much more meaningful than the one that we've been building through years of mutual respect, effort and personal sacrifice. Farewell."

I almost feel like I'm wasting effort on the obvious, but if you flip it back into normal order, starting off with a relationship, where you both love each other, lets be real, how much skill does it take to 'seduce' them? If your a guy, and they're a girl, or vice versa, you could lack any skill whatsoever (I... uh... ummm... I... uh... *slaps own forehead* Stupid! STOO-pid!) or even plain tactless (see picture) and you'd still have little to no trouble in getting your first kiss, and naturally what should follow after marriage (if you share my old-fashion beliefs).


p.s. Natasha update. She is still in the hospital. She's doing well, in good health. We got our hopes up that Yeva had flipped around to head-first, but the ultra-sound today proved otherwise, but everything else is good, a healthy little 2.5 kilos of spunk, so Natasha should be able to escape the hospital within the next week. She would like to express thanks to all those who have been praying in her behalf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Na home now? She must be, because she commented on my blog. So the baby is still butt first eh? I hope she flips over soon! As for the seminar, how do you think I nabbed Ritchie? I didn't just inherit those mad skills- I was trained in the deadly art of seduction. Ohhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

Kristi said...

So this ad was serious and not a joke?! Crazy! At least you realize how tactless the v-day card is - funny though! You must be missing Natasha! I hope she's home soon - if not already.

LaRee said...

How did I manage to get this post so late? I am so glad to hear from you and know you are alive enjoying Natasha. Eli played chess on the computer today and reminded me of you, although you are a lot calmer in your approach.(I heard a few more "dang it!'s than usual) We also talked about martial arts. Your ad? Well, I'm glad you got the order straight! Feel sorry for those who try it backward.It makes life a real booger (heh heh)
Check my blog lareeg.blogspot.com
I love you a bunch. Mom