Friday, January 21, 2011

English version of last post (sorry for bad translation)

When I say I love Ukrain, I talk not about the modern Country with it's government and stuff. I talk about people who live there and about the Motherland. This country has always been special to me. The language is very pleasant for my ear. I always called it the voice of blood. Both of my parents half Ukrainians, though unfortunately the don't know the language and lost any connection with Ukraine roots.

Ukrain is beautiful, fertile, cosy. The seas, mountains, a cradle of such a big country like Russia. People... The sincere! I have this feeling and admiration to Ukrain in my heart since I was a child. I remember one time we went with parents to the Black sea. I have fallen asleep in a train in Russia, and have woken up already in Ukraine. When in the morning I opened my eyes lieing on the second shelf, I heard under me 2 women talk in Ukrainian language. I understood nothing, but speech flew so tenderly as water murmurs. I lied and listened.

It isn't necessary to say how excited and happy about us going to Ukraine in January 2011. When Kevin fulfilled his promise, bought tickets and brought me in the Kiev Temple, my heart joyfully trembled in a breast. Thought before the trip I worried a little how we will pass our first such far trip by train with Eve. All has developed perfectly. God conducted, fed, gave a roof and friends. Loved and caressed us for our desire to go to the Temple. Every minute in the Temple I thought «How great that we are here». This trip was as dew invigorating, as a god-send feeding. And so it would be desirable to come back there again and again. Now the Temple became one other reason, attracting me to Ukraine. This really special place, as though a staff thrust by God to the Ukrainian Earth as a symbol meaning that Ukrain is now the earth of Zion.

Let me tell you more about the trip. We arrived to Kiev at 1 am. While we were waiting for Maxim at the station, we got a small pleasant greeting from the earth of ancestors. At the station the young security guard approached to us and asked, whether our train leaves soon . I answered that we just arrived. He looked at Eve, on me and said: «it is good. I felt really sorry for your little girl sating here on the station that late. I wanted to offer you to go to an expectation zone, where it is more comfortably and possible to sit down». When he approached to us, I thought, he wanted to check up our documents. But instead he showed care of us. I have directly felt on myself love and care from God through this young security guard. It is difficult to imagine, something similar at any Moscow station. After the security guard apologised and departed, I shared the ideas and thoughts with Kevin. He replied: This is the reason the Temple has more likely appeared here, instead of in Russia. People are kinder».

In the separate paragraph it would be desirable to allocate my admiration of Bread, chocolate, juice. We savoured these three things whenever we were in Ukraine. There is still something that I was advised by kind people on the way home. A pie "Kiev" in Kiev and sweets "Arrow" in any place. Such pie bake only in Kiev, from the freshest products and speak, it amazingly tasty. And sweets such are made by different factories and they too simply magnificent. Bread certainly most tasty in Kharkov.

I didn't have time to buy in Temple shop everything I wanted. I guess it is a Very good reason to return. The prices there more than attractive.

I wish I had time to buy the developing books for children. In Kharkov there is a printing office argprint.com.ua It would be desirable to buy for YEve such books. This trip we did not have time for shopping or for sight seeing. In Kiev we spent our 3 days in the Temple, in Kharkov 3 days: 1 was Sunday, 1 — Kevin was ill, 3rd day was the day of our departure. Kevin left during the lunchtime to Anapa, Eve&I in the evening to Ufa. In general all Ukrainians in eager rivalry said to me that at them clothes and still things from Poland of high quality and are cheaper than in Russia, but to be convinced there was no time. Ashan store, of course, pleased me with the prices. We bough food for train ride there.

I would really like to find the roots there. In this trip, I have almost finished all the Temple work for those ancestors whom I's found. I hope, it stimulates me to be engaged in family-historical work untill the next trip. I have met there unexpected, but very pleasant sisters-in-Christ: Sister Natalia Gorina from Saratov, Nina Fillimonova from Lobnja (Moscow suburbs) and Elmira, my dear classmate. A life of each of them — an example of faith for me. Elmira with her husband have moved from Evpatoria to Kiev in order to attend temple regularly. Her husband is a man with seriouse disabilities. They rented an appartment close to the Temple and every day go there when health and weather allow them to get to the Temple in the wheelchair. Nina and Natalia came with the group of the Moscow mission, I already was once on a trip with them and we became really good friends. In the Temple I have met our former mission president, and also friends of Sanette Brother and sister Ozi. Kevin met the president of his mission who has appeared to be the second counselor in the Temple presidentsy. I received answers to some of my questions, received a pair of valuable advice. In Kiev we staied with my friends Goryachevs. I had a great time with Natalia Gorjachevf, Maxim's wife. I have understood, why Max choose her. She is an amazing women. In Kharkov Tatyana and Tomara accepted us in their parentlike embraces. We got a lot of inspiration and support from them. It is a pity that we live so far apart. In a train we had good neighbours, s YEve always had someone to play with. Our neighbours were from those rare who did not smoke, which was pleasant. They also were from those who believed in God and had values.

Our train has left Ufa in the morning 3rd of January. Yeva and I returned back January, 12th, Kevin will be in Ufa only on the 24 of January. This trip was short, but very fruitful. There was a revaluation of values, spiritual change-over of my life. Family relations were updated. I want to repeat again and again: "How great that we went there"

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is truly wonderful that you and Kevin were able to go to the temple!

Anonymous said...

This is such a touching and sweet post Na! I love and miss you guys. I wish your next trip could be to the US. Or that I could come to see your guys. Yeva is getting so big, and I still thing she looks a lot like me. :-). I am so glad you had such a great trip.

LaRee said...

I feel a rich blessing in reading your post. I have warmth flowing all over my body. Thank you for sharing it with us. You are grateful and loving and can see your blessings with joyfulness. I am so happy for you and hope you will continue to be blessed. Love, Mom Gray