Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some Pretty Successful Mormon Brainwashing :D

So normally we bless the food with Yeva before meals. She likes it pretty well, though her timing with "amen!" is a little off sometimes. She also, as the managerial genius she is, likes to choose who will say it.

This morning, for the first time she chose herself. Natasha and I were a little surprised, as we've never tried walking her through saying a prayer before, and curious what she'd do. Without missing a beat, she folded her little arms, looked around for a few seconds, reverently walked up to mom keeping her arms folded, gave her a kiss, walked back to her food, blew on it, then abruptly said, "Amen!" with a happy "I did it!" type expression. Natasha and I laughed the oxygen out of our lungs, and died. Almost. Then, quickly overcame any doubt of uncertainty whether our food was officially blessed, and enjoyed our meal.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so cute! What an adorable moment. Sydney starting folding her arms for the prayer last week and pretending to say it. It's so cool how kids love to imitate what they see.

LaRee said...

I think Yeva was expressing love and gratitude--a very fitting blessing for the food. This will make a jewel in your memory book of her childhood that will be worth retelling. Love Mom

Kevin said...

Yesterday she chose herself again. This time she stayed in place, waited a while and then said a surprised Oy! as in I just realized why nobody else was saying anything. Natasha helped her a little to say thanks for the food this time, and then she had the same "I did it!" smile when we said amen.