Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If Looks Could Kill...

Yesterday both of my girls were suffering from nausia - one as a side effect of pregnancy, the other caught a bug or caught something, or maybe ate a bug or caught something, whatever. Regardless of the cause, the symptom's not exactly the best way to spend your day. (Mom, Yeva is better now, so you can read the rest of this post without listing dreadful diseases she may have caught.) Back to yesterday. Yeva's trying to find interesting occupations to activate her. Which brings us to makeup. She's such a girly girl living in a girly world. I dig it. Occasionally it pushes the border.We were doing some shopping, soon as we got through the door, she asked if we could buy a serdechka (heart) no clue what she was talking about. when she got to the checkout she started pointing to this plastic easteregg dealio in the shape of a heart. Behold the power of marketing to children. She must have remembered it from when she came with Natash, and I got it for her. When I had a closer look, I saw the Winx pictures, UGGGH! I felt like I'd been deceived.

So yeah, makeup. She likes to have it on. In quantity. She she could probably go a full day, if privided sufficient quantity of nonstop applying. As is put it on several times a day does. The best part is that I can tell whether or not she's wearing lipstick without even seeing her. After she's thoroughly encompassed her mouth, she feels a need to retract her own lips, then poke her chin up a little. Think Ronald McDonald Pez dispenser without his dentures. All of this affects the way she speaks of course. It took me a while to figure out why she started talking all weird at first - when she puts chapstick on it isn't as visually noticeable. Connection made, I became moderately amused, and started talking to her the same way, and she got the joke. She gets lots of jokes for a 2-year-old, even her own sometimes, even the ones nobody else gets to hear because she's laughing too much when she speaks. What I'd give to know what goes on inside that lil noggin.

Anyhow, that's it for now. Hope Natasha includes some satisfactory shots.


1 comment:

LaRee said...

I remember the weird lipstick on the new Star Wars movies (I-III). I guess Yeva is a little princess.
The attempts at eye make up look more like the effects of too much Kung Fu practice and a few good blows to the face.
I didn't fully get the funny noise thing. Is she imitating a character?