I've never owned a car. I got my driver's licence in 2004 but still don't know how to drive. When I was a child we had a family motorcycle. It was my grandpa's and I liked it. We used it only outside of the city.
For some reason my dad doesn't like to drive and we didn't have a family car. When my brother got old and got his own family finally he got a car and we used it as a family car sometimes. Noe 2 of my brothers has cars.
I never felt that my life was not full without a car. We have good transportation system and all. It just would be nice to have a car. But now since we moved outside of the city and I've got 2 kids. Now I really want to have a car. And we bought one but it is such a pain. Kevin found a mechanic to kind of get it a little in shape 4 months ago when I still was pregnant with Celest. Since then we never saw our car. The mechanic ordered some pieces for it, then got wrong ones, reordered and waited again. Then he got his order partially. the rest was last. And it goes this way since then...Why? I can't understand. But I want to share with you what I've learned about life without a car:
It is really nice when you can just get out of your house, put kids into the car and go to the church or to the river or just go shopping. I hope everyone of you can enjoy it every second minute when you have it. It is great and comfortable. Much better than walk 15 minutes with two kids(one in the sling, second holds your hand) to the bus stop, crossing huge road, climbing a hill and walking through dirt and puddles after the rain on the way. Then take a bus to one stop, get out cross the huge road through the special place(10 minutes of walking with 2 kids) then wait for another bus. Hope that someone gives u a sit in it. Then finally get to Dyoma and walk around there with two kids doing errants. stay in line, carry your groceries plus to kids & hold an umbrella at the same time. Would you like to try it?
I think I'll enjoy every minute of having a car! Not just possessing it but finally using.
Summer passed away without a car. There are some stores and places you can't just reach without a car...unfortunately. I can't start making food storage because of the weight limit I can actually carry home.
Plus I really love to travel and there are tons of beautiful places I'd love to visit even around Ufa. I can't go there without a car. So I'm very limited about where I can actually go and what I can actually do.
I think I'll enjoy every trip we can make with on our car. If not, make me read this blog post. Make me remember.
One time our friends drove us to the beach. It took us 10 minutes to go there. It was so nice. We had some fun there (30-40 minutes) and then went home. 10 minutes and we back and kids went to sleep at home and I could rest myself. Actually I didn't even get tired. I remember we went to this beach with Kevin and kids before. 1 hour of walking &carring two kids and stuff. We had some fun there (30-40 minutes) and then went home. 1 hour of walking and carring. I won't say that we came home tired, hoping to rest. But we had to feed kids and go on with stuff, there is a difference. I already feet grateful for the comfort that car can bring.
Lets just keep going and wait and pray until the Lord hears us and our car will be back in shape so we could finally use it and OH Yeah Enjoy it!
For some reason my dad doesn't like to drive and we didn't have a family car. When my brother got old and got his own family finally he got a car and we used it as a family car sometimes. Noe 2 of my brothers has cars.
I never felt that my life was not full without a car. We have good transportation system and all. It just would be nice to have a car. But now since we moved outside of the city and I've got 2 kids. Now I really want to have a car. And we bought one but it is such a pain. Kevin found a mechanic to kind of get it a little in shape 4 months ago when I still was pregnant with Celest. Since then we never saw our car. The mechanic ordered some pieces for it, then got wrong ones, reordered and waited again. Then he got his order partially. the rest was last. And it goes this way since then...Why? I can't understand. But I want to share with you what I've learned about life without a car:
It is really nice when you can just get out of your house, put kids into the car and go to the church or to the river or just go shopping. I hope everyone of you can enjoy it every second minute when you have it. It is great and comfortable. Much better than walk 15 minutes with two kids(one in the sling, second holds your hand) to the bus stop, crossing huge road, climbing a hill and walking through dirt and puddles after the rain on the way. Then take a bus to one stop, get out cross the huge road through the special place(10 minutes of walking with 2 kids) then wait for another bus. Hope that someone gives u a sit in it. Then finally get to Dyoma and walk around there with two kids doing errants. stay in line, carry your groceries plus to kids & hold an umbrella at the same time. Would you like to try it?
I think I'll enjoy every minute of having a car! Not just possessing it but finally using.
Summer passed away without a car. There are some stores and places you can't just reach without a car...unfortunately. I can't start making food storage because of the weight limit I can actually carry home.
Plus I really love to travel and there are tons of beautiful places I'd love to visit even around Ufa. I can't go there without a car. So I'm very limited about where I can actually go and what I can actually do.
I think I'll enjoy every trip we can make with on our car. If not, make me read this blog post. Make me remember.
One time our friends drove us to the beach. It took us 10 minutes to go there. It was so nice. We had some fun there (30-40 minutes) and then went home. 10 minutes and we back and kids went to sleep at home and I could rest myself. Actually I didn't even get tired. I remember we went to this beach with Kevin and kids before. 1 hour of walking &carring two kids and stuff. We had some fun there (30-40 minutes) and then went home. 1 hour of walking and carring. I won't say that we came home tired, hoping to rest. But we had to feed kids and go on with stuff, there is a difference. I already feet grateful for the comfort that car can bring.
Lets just keep going and wait and pray until the Lord hears us and our car will be back in shape so we could finally use it and OH Yeah Enjoy it!
2 comments:
i had some years without a car for me to use. My husband would take it to work. I would walk to the library or a park or to relatives' homes or just stay home. Sometimes people would give me a ride. When it was so very hot, it was too difficult to walk much.
This really makes me appreciate having a car. We are so far out in the country that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere without one. There are so many things that we take for granted every day. I pray that your burdens will be made light.
Post a Comment