Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Wife

My first chapter I would like to dedicate to the real star, my wonderful wife Natasha/ This last week Natasha and I rearranged our entire apartment to accommodate some new furniture we got, and it's pretty sweet now. In the process, we went through a bunch "man, this is going to be Lamo with a capital m--first paragraph and he's already talking about menial household tasks. I guess Life in Russia really is boring!" but it'll get better.) so back to the cleaning stuff out, Natasha has loads of binders with a few random phone numbers (without names) on the jackets, the first 2 pages filled with unrelated information from a few years ago, and then seemingly endless blank pages. She likes to be all organized and get her tasks done, but her sense of organization is very individual (just like her fashion sense: see photo) and at variance from mine. She writes on scrap pieces of paper, or those pocket notebooks, no sense of order, just spontaneously as ideas come, but in her mind it's all in perfect order. She even strings her sentences this way in Russian and and English, and in English especially it's really cute sometimes. I tease her about it, but she really is awesome. She's the ideal snuggle specimen. I dig it. She also has this cute way of working things out in her head she does, for figuring out a date or the such, where she animatedly gesticulates towards a giant invisible calendar that's hung in the sky maybe 50 away. I think it's Adorable. She's very talented. She's very kind and loving, quick to forgive me, lucky for me. Being married to me requires much patience, which is something requiring great effort from her part, and perhaps even more faith. She's also been enduring extreme discomfort due to her pregnancy, and she's been a real sport about it. I appreciate that. She's also a sucker for the overwhelmingly cute, but I guess that makes two of us, because that's exactly what she is, and I'm a complete sucker for her because I love her, I love her, I love her.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Well said, Kevin. It's great how much you two adore each other. You always have been (and will probably always be) completely whooped by Natasha. It's awesome.

imjustagirl said...

Kevin, it's so nice to hear someone saying such wonderful words about his wife. You two are such a pefect couple!!! I am so glad just to look at you both and realise you are happy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a site! Good to know that you haven't gotten sick of eachother yet. Also, the calendar in the sky isn't invisible to everyone, just you. Maybe you should get your eyes checked.

Natalia Gray said...

Once Kevin wrote to me this poem:
I love you,
Such sweet words to my lips,
but sweeter still,
is your Kiss.
<3