I've got a great woman, and I'd like to show her off her skills because she's too shy. She made this entire adorable baby set herself. The baby bed and matress we bought at a store in February, and Natasha took the measurements, found and chose fabric and materials, and got to sewing. The only problem is it all shrunk a little once she washed it, but it still works. She also knitted me a pair of ninja turtle mittens and has done more baby stuff. They're pretty awesome. Also in the pictures is the temple pillow Dove, Jill and Grandma made for us, but this picture doesn't do it justice.
Later this week Natasha will probably go to the hospital where she'll stay until delivery. It'll be hard as it's been so nice having her around, but at least her belly won't be so out there all over the place when she gets back. It's so cute though, I'll miss having her pregnant.
I'm studying a form of shorthand now called anniversary Gregg, which I find very interesting, but many of you may not, so if you skip this paragraph, I won't blame you. Shorthand has become somewhat of a forgotten skill now, but it really shouldn't be, as most of the people who use it say it's one of the highest rewarding skills they've learned. The point is that it lets you write about twice as fast as you can type, which means you can write that the speed people speak. When they had competitions in the 20's (which were discontinued in the 30's) the world record was set in recording a testimony at 282 wpm with 99.29% accuracy. That's almost 5 words per second. I'd have trouble even understand someone speak that fast, let alone writing it! My goals now are a little more modest--being able to clean up my penmanship to make my writing legible at the pace a 6 year old reads, and being able to read shorthand at the pace I normally read out loud to speak clearly. Anways, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

6 comments:
I am so thrilled at all of this! The bed looks beautiful, the shorthand is so exciting, and Natasha looks even more beautiful. I have just made a batch of wheat bread and am soon to leave for a Home Health visit. We had a great Stake Conference yesterday and Dan and I went together. We made waffles with blueberries and Kimber did the dishes for me--how fantastic is that? We are working on being more self reliant. Love you so much and keep up the good work/
Natasha is adorable and so is the bed set! How exciting that you guys are getting everything ready! The shorthand is quite fascinating. Good luck with legible handwriting goal!
Kevin, Natasha looks really gorgeous in that picture. So much belly.....Trust me, she won't miss it for a while. Although, once Yeva is out you will wish you could put her back in for a few hours here and there so you can get some sleep!
Oh, and ps the shorthand thing sounds really neat. The problem is that not enough people read shorthand. Plus, you still have to type everything out when you transcribe it. Good skill for someone who has to take dictation though. Are you looking to get into that field?
That is so cute. Natasha, you're amazing!
Post a Comment