Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little update...

Natasha finally got to see Yeva for the first time this evening. She said she probably takes after Celestia more than anyone in either family, with long dark hair:) Other features she noted were chubby cheeks and adorable lips. I think she was a little surprised at how 'un-Russian' she looks, and unlike me. If there are squinty eyes I'll suspect them of swapping with a Vietnamese or Bashkirian baby, otherwise I'd say it's definitely Celest. I'll try sneaking a camera to Natasha tomorrow, then I can tell for myself, and of course I can share it with you guys too. Natasha was also able to feed Yeva--with some patience Yeva finally took to mommy's milk. Natasha's still having a rough time recovering from the c-sec, but she was one of the only few of her group from yesterday who were ready to leave the dedicated recovery room to a regular bed where you get to be with the baby, so apparently she's doing better than average. Love to everyone from Natasha and Yeva:)
Be sure to read the comments as I've added further updates to this update.

6 comments:

LaRee said...

I'm so happy that mom and baby got together. I still don't know time of birth. I spent some time today reading about breech birth so I'm a little more informed.Love you so much and happy that little Yeva is learning to nurse.I can just see her in my imagination.

LaRee said...

OOhh that sounded bad--I meant the dark hair, not the nursing. Blush. I don't mean to intrude on a parent/child momemt.

Kevin said...

good news and bad news. So today I got a camera to Natasha, and she took some pictures, so now I know how cute Yeva is for myself:) She's a goofy little spud, but adorable to the max:D Bad news is that Natasha didn't insert the memory card, so the pictures are on internal memory, and since we don't have a cord for my camera, there's no way of getting them to you. Sorry, hahaha! Sucks to be you. There wasn't enough battery left to do another one, so you'll have to wait till next time.

Kevin said...

I also got to hear her cry on the phone. She sounds kind of like a velociraptor.

Kevin said...

She's very unique, her lips are very puckery and have a shape that I think comes from Natasha's dad's family, but her long black hair and nose look nothing close to anyone except Celest. I'd think she's Saijan, but no tail. The lips and nose go great with her puffy Tantsura cheeks, and these cute little fingers. She makes all sorts of silly little faces when she sleeps. Natasha said she's very reactive to snuggling and stroking, and I'll admit she does look like a snuggleworm from the pictures. The poor little bugar must have been so lonely and isolated for the first day of her life--no snuggles at all! scooped out, spanked in the butt, some measurements and exams and then in the baby tray by herself:( I'm glad that's over, I'm sure she's much happier now.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so glad that you at least have pictures. I'm pretty sure we're all dying over here of anticipation on your behalf! Also great to hear natasha and baby are together and well. hooray!