Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Week


It is summer. We spent a week, you know, did some stuff. On Monday we all caught a flick: Brave. Celesh liked it, at least the parts she didn't sleep through. Tuesday was exceptionally hot and busy, including trimming Lisa and finished by us taking a hike to the river. Yeva and Lisa thought it was great. Wednesday was Natasha spending the night in Dyoma while I stayed in Zubovo with a headache. Yeva had a brief temperature. Thursday Natasha did all the errands in Dyoma, I went there to meet her after my first lessons, then Natasha and I had a little date after the kids went to bed. Natasha thought it was great.On Friday I let Yeva come to work with me so she could help tutor a girl by swimming in her pool. Then I got to take a nap, and we had cola floats. I remember the bed, Yeva the pool, Natasha the floats. And then for today, Saturday, we walked to the neighboring villiage where some of our old friends from Dyoma have a summer cottage. We enjoyed spending time with them, and brought back a heafty bag of apples, some of which are being transformed into a crisp presently.  We also had the guys come install some windows on our balcony. 

 

2 comments:

LaRee said...

It looks like you had a fun trip and enjoyed the water. Celestia is getting prettier all the time. Russia is beautiful, and of course all my Russian family is too!Love Mom Gray

LaRee said...

I commented on this blog before seeing the whole thing. The narrative definitely adds greatly to understanding your week's events. Happy to hear all about it.
Since my current field of study is Microbiology, I must comment that Yeva very likely reacted to some microorganism in the water which caused a fever. Hopefully just a normal body reaction as her system builds defenses against it. By the time I finish studying for my final, I will hopefully know what things to watch for and follow up on and what things not to worry about. I'm beginning to appreciate why certain vaccines are the recommended ones and other stuff just skipped over as no worry. School is great!!(AS are vacations, which I look forward to next. Trouble is, they are too short.)