Monday, August 6, 2012

the dog issue

We've got a dog 2 months ago. I was thinking that I need to make a fair list of things that I learned due to this experience.
1. You have to be consistent. If you said no you have to go with it all of the time. Dog tries to sneak in like this camel from the story that first asked to hide his nose in the tent and then got all inside and the man had  to get outside. I think being consistent might help with kids.
2. If you feel you're ready for something always means you're really ready for it. I wasn\t ready for the dog and is still suffering with it and hate it. I'll think twice in the future about steps like that.
3. Dogs are fast to forget bad things. They're fast to forgive you and love you again. Having this dog I learned that I\m really easy to get offended and mostly with people I live with or my close family. I wish I can overcome it or learn to forgive fast or control my feelings. It I can't do it I\m afraid cancer will be my fate as I've heard that the feeling of offence causes it most of the time. But how can I learn to forgive or not to get offended? I even get offended with my kids by stupid reasons. Sometimes I even understand that I have to calm down and there is no point to go on with the subject but can\t stop myself. thank you Lisa that you helped me to better understand myself.
Maybe there is something else. I'll add it later. Not let me complain about Lisa.
Yesterday Lisa was regular herself: pooped and peed on the floor, later she  tried to steal some food and got the sauce all over the kitchen. It's been almost a month since we put on an add to give her away. No one wants to come over to get her. I don't know what to do but I dream about the time when Finally I won't have clean Celestia's hands 10 times a day from Lisa's hair, when I'll stop warring about stepping in poop or pee, when I won't have to clean the apartment from her hair. I hate our bathroom because it is Lisa's room. We close her there when we leave or when we can't take her outside and we know for sure that she might poop on the floor right now. So this room smells like a dog, she ruined the floor there and the walls are all dirty. I don't think I'll be able to clean it it some day.
As Kevin said Natasha is not a dog person. This is so true and I pray daily to have it taken from us. Sometimes I simple want to open the door and kick her away.  

1 comment:

LaRee said...

It's nice to see that you got something beneficial in the way of self-discovery and hope you will remember those things when needed.Have a wonderful day :)