Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mama on vacation

I love BYUI and I love vacation time as much. When I study I do it to its fullest, when I rest I want to do the same. I mean use my time to its fullest...lazy around but be active and productive too. 

I've gained 15kg since I've started school. Before that, I had extra 5 kg added to my perfect weight. Altogether now I have +20kg extra weight to carry. It doesn't look pleasing yet I do a good job carrying it. I think 2 months of the summer break is a perfect time to establish healthy habits and get fit. At first, I wanted to do it for my husband, but I know he loves me the way I am no matter if I'm skinny or chubby (lucky me, huh?), then I though I'll do it for myself...and it didn't work too. I don't love myself that much I guess. Now I've decided to do it for my daughters. I want to be an example for them and I want to maintain my health for as long as possible so I could take care of them and to be with my husband. I know that my +20 kg wear o ut my body a lot faster. It is a pretty big extra weight to carry around. 
I put my 6-year-old picture (the time when I was in my best shape) on my Facebook profile. People loved it thinking it is the way I look now. At first,  I tried to explain to everyone that I did it for the motivation and it doesn't really reflect the way I look now, but then I gave up and accepted that it is me and I'm going to be like that soon. 
Perfect desired weight 60kg. I can look good at 65 if I exercise and the weight is made out of muscles and not fat. Any advice on where to aim? I think 60 but Kevin think I'm too skinny then. Maybe 63. Yes! Decided. I want to be 63 by my birthday in November. By Christmas for sure and to maintain it throughout the New Year celebration and then just go on with this weight for 4 years so it becomes my natural weight. I want regular exercising and eating healthy to be a normal part of my life. 
I want to share my journey with my journal. 

Day 1. 
Weight 80,5kg 

I let myself eat whatever I want in the mornings and usually as much as I want. I need this time so there is no stress from not eating or restricting. I can eat in the mornings until 12. But then I want to eat healthy stuff during the day and only veggies in the evenings and not eat in the evenings before bed. Today is my first day of this happiness. Evening. Feel hungry but good. And I just learned that fresh peanuts taste so goodI did 20 minutes of Tabata from youtube and 10-minute yoga afterward I decided to go easy on me on the first day especially because I felt tired after two days of camping with banya :)
And I started to do this morning mirror exercise when I look myself in the eye and tell myself that I love myself, that other people love me and some other positive things
The rest of the day I did some finishing homeworks. This week is the last one but I submitted all of the main assignments last week. I have a little side job and a big church calling project to keep me busy for a while. Actually, I have a list of things to do on vacation.
Vacations can be productive too.

Day 2.
We went to bed at 11pm last night and I woke up at around 6am. It took me an hour to get myself out of the house. I didn't want to. First it was too early, then too late and there will be many cars on the road as people drive to work, then I didn't know if I want to run or ride a bike and if I want to go to the lake or take a longer route to the river. I ended up leaving home at 7 and riding a bike to the river...as soon as I got on the bike I got happy and had no regrets for kicking myself out of the house. I found a nice place and did some yoga poses I remembered from yesterday. Then I went to the river and swam for a while. The water was so warm. It was nice. When I got back home my body started to feel tired from yesterday and today's ride but it is a nice kind of tiredness. It means you started moving! It means I started exercising and I'm happy about it.
I decided to weight myself every Monday to see a weekly progress.
I ate breakfast before riding a bike, then I had a second breakfast 3 hours later. I drank some water and herb tea. It is almost 12 and I feel sleepy. The same happened yesterday.
I had a nice conversation with Kevin which always makes me happy.
So far my vacation is good.

No comments: