Monday, March 23, 2009

The Multifarious Talents of Yeva


While I was loading these pictures, for a moment I got worried that Yeva was getting a tad too much media coverage. I remembered of all the child stars who never really grew up as a result of being forced to grow up so soon. But then I had to cave in the third time I re-watched this video clip Natasha took of Yeva doing some kung fu training. I just couldn’t live with myself for suppressing such talent. So here she is at 4 days old, just 2 days before the airing of her debut kung fu flick. (The secret to her power can be observed in her facial expressions as she releases tension, builds energy with meditative, tai-chi like  movements and then releases it at the very end in an explosive kick.)

 

This next one is just her being gorgeous. If you’re going to get wet, may as well swim.




Here are some pictures. The first one is of her having a good chuckle at one of the better jokes she remembers me telling while she was in utero. Sometimes you just need a few days life experience to get the punchline.



I told you she takes after Celest, already playing the air piano.


Second evidence that she's like Celest, attraction to drama. Almost has her "Mwahahahaha!!!" laugh down pat.


After a hard day's work, mommy put her down for some rest.
The great news is that Natasha and Yeva will be coming home tomorrow afternoon:D I guess that means I'd better finish cleaning up the apartment tonight. Can't wait til they get here. The next post up here will probably be from her.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the last one little pudgy face slepper, so so so adorable. and yea going home! sleeping in your own bed is so nice.

Unknown said...

thats supposed to say "sleeper" hailey is trying to help me type

Kevin said...

Oh Fawn, I get it. I was about to remind you that the abbreviation for "severe leper" is sleper, but i guess you meant something else;)

LaRee said...

Kevin you are way too weird. Dan--"Poor kid doesn't have a chance" Of course he has no clue that I actually quoted him and posted it. (Sorry Dan, I couldn't resist)
As for Yeva, you did a great job of getting several angles, attitudes and activities. My favorite is the one with Na when Yevi is snuggly and dark haired. I'm so happy thinking of all the loving she will be getting. This makes the perfect FHE activity, looking at baby :)

LaRee said...

Dad is trying to make me go to bed and I just can't stop looking at the baby...sigh. She is so adorable.It seems she has aged a lot in just 2 days.

Milko, Eve, Allison, And Joshua said...

Oh, my! She is precious! COngratulations, guys!!! I am so happy for you! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sleper! I love it! I have a new insult now! Kevin I love you so much. I love the baby. Yeva is so beautiful. I can't stand it. I must hold, kiss, and smell her. That's right, I said it. I want to smell that baby!

LaRee said...

mul⋅ti⋅far⋅i⋅ous
   /ˌmʌltəˈfɛəriəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muhl-tuh-fair-ee-uhs] Show IPA
–adjective
1. having many different parts, elements, forms, etc.
2. numerous and varied; greatly diverse or manifold: multifarious activities.

In case the rest of us aren't as linguistically adept as this new Dad.

LaRee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I have a new favorite baby! (Celestia, this does not mean Radek is any less favorite... it just means he's a toddler not a baby and therefore I'm not favorites-cheating on him ^^)

SHE'S SO FRIGGIN CUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!

I want baby cuddles!